Wednesday, December 23, 2009

VACATION!!!!!

Happy Festivus everybody! And for those of you who don't celebrate that, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, Happy Holidays, umm I'm probably forgetting some but whatever. I think you all get the drift.

Seriously, I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think I've ever been this excited for vacation. Except perhaps April vacation of last year after we lost our February vacation. (Stupid ice storm).

Despite my excitement, I'm almost unsure of what to do with myself. The first 2 seasons of Torchwood that I ordered came in today and despite the fact that I've seen them already, I'm debating watching the bonus features that came with them. I'm also considering reading, though which book I'm unsure. I still need to finish Boneshaker, but I also got a book from the library today, have another holiday book I want to reread just so I can review it before the holiday season is over plus I kind of promised Nick Mag that the next book I'd read would be Eldest, which I started a couple of years ago but never finished.

I also of course have the options of watching any of the movies I checked out from the library or writing in one of my stories. I have a few new ideas for short stories as well as longer stories, plus I've kind of neglected my NaNoWriMo novel the past month. Not to mention the other books I was working on before November came around.

Seriously there's just too many things to do and not enough time. What I really need is summer vacation. Right now.

I can't wait until Christmas day though. The excitement of opening gifts in the morning, and then of course my family is having a Yankee Swap that night, which will be nice. Then on Saturday I'm wicked excited because I'm seeing that new movie Avatar in IMAX with Ben, Nick, my dad, my sister and her 2 friends.

Anyways, I should probably go actually do something and stop thinking about it. Have a good Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

  1. how WAS avatar?? i think it looks amazing, but i'm still kinda agitated that THEY got the title instead of the last airbender. i mean sure, cameron started working on that movie 15 years ago, and the show started 4 years ago, but the show has been in the public conscious the whole time, while both movies were announced roughly the same time. friggen cameron

    ReplyDelete
  2. well...haha what happened was we didn't get our tickets in advance. and since ben couldn't end up coming, it was me, nick, my dad, my sister and her friend and we drove to natick only to find out that the entire weekend had been sold out. so now we actually have tickets for this saturday and i'm going with katie and mary. however, i think the major snowstorm we're getting is supposed to come on saturday so we are leaving like super early to get there in time since we bought our tickets in advance. so i cant say yet how the movie is but i think it looks amazing so hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

    also i dislike also that this Avatar got to take the title Avatar but at the same time, I get that James Cameron had the idea first and wasn't exactly planning his filming around Avatar: The Last Airbender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (wow, 2 mos. later) so what did YOU think of avatar? i actually saw it a week ago, thought it was really good! hope you were able to have a good weekend that one 8 weeks ago (can you even REMEMBER that far back? i can't) ps: avatar trailer = epic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avatar = AMAZING. Even though the first time we tried seeing it in IMAX it was sold out we did end up going back and it was crazy good. Honestly James Cameron is a genius. The graphics were amazing and yeah I don't even know what else to say other than, I can't wait for the sequels.

    ReplyDelete