Saturday, December 5, 2009

Life After NaNoWriMo

With November over, and NaNoWriMo (that's National Novel Writing Month) passed, I find myself trying to find things to occupy my time. Its not that I don't have things to do, because I definitely do. I have books to read, TV shows taped to be watched, the entire Chronicles of Narnia on cd to listen to, the rest of my NaNoWriMo novel and various other projects to finish writing and other things I could be doing. Instead, I find myself reverting to my pre-NaNoWriMo lazy ways, spending my time on the internet thinking about doing these things instead of doing them. For example, me writing this right now. I'm procrastinating. I doubt anyone other than myself will even read this, and if they do, it will probably bore someone to death. What I need is like NaNoWriYe- National Novel Writing Year or something. I wrote 50,000 words during November because I had a goal I wanted to reach, and a deadline to reach it. More importantly, other people were doing this too and I had something tangible to work for. Everything seems so much easier to put off when I don't have a word count meter to fill up like I did on the NaNoWriMo website.

Okay, I'm ending this post with a goal. Within 15 minutes I will go and do something. I'm still torn between continuing to read the Steampunk novel Boneshaker that I am in the midst of now, or working on one of my own stories. I will do one of these two things in the next 15 minutes.

Seriously this time.

1 comment:

  1. i have successfully proven your theory wrong by writing this very comment. hope you got something done!!

    ReplyDelete