Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cirque du Soleil

This past Wednesday night, my dad and I went to see Cirque du Soleil: Alegria in Worcester. I had won 2 tickets to opening night through 104.5 WXLO radio station. Now, for the record, I absolutely love the circus. I've wanted to go since I was little and I have already stated multiple times that when I die, I don't want a funeral, I want a circus (although a fair/carnival will suffice as well). This was my first time actually going to the circus, unless you count the small one that came to Gardner a few years ago, which was pretty cool considering it was held at the national guard armory.

The show was amazing. Seriously, all the acts were incredible and the music was great too. I bought the cd for the show and have been listening to it almost nonstop since then (including as I type this). Seeing the circus made me decide that I want to join the circus some day. Yes, I realize, I have no circus worthy talents. That can be remedied, eventually. There's a trapeze school thing in NY. I'll go there, lol.

As this, (despite my desperate wishes), is unlikely to happen, I may have to suffice with writing a story in which the main characters are in the circus. I already have one in mind, and I stole the main male character from another one of my stories. The other story he is in has him as a 4 year old, the younger brother of the main character. I decided that when said character grows up he will leave his family and join the circus. Since I seem to have very little control over how my characters act in my stories (and no, this is not as weird as it sounds. Characters have a way of taking on their own lives, quite frequently in fact), the character, Sanders, decided that he is also kind of a punk when he gets older. Strange facial piercings and all. It should be an interesting story to write, however I should probably first finish the many other things I am working on, mainly the story about his older brother Altair, my NaNoWriMo novel and the short story I am working on now.

Anyways, I think I am going to go work on one of those now since tonight I'm going with my friends to watch the Geminid meteor shower. Hopefully we get to see some stuff because its going to be absolutely freezing outside!

1 comment:

  1. so that's why you're learning to juggle. and character's take on lives of their own?? sounds like my future profession will be easier than i thought, though i previously believed that to be a pseudo-serious sign of schizophrenia

    ReplyDelete